Heyyyy guyyysss… throwing a little recipe your way that I am OBSESSED with right now, like SUPER obsessed. I have been trying to add more protein into my diet and these protein balls are doing the trick! If overdosing on protein balls was a thing, I would have surpassed that along time ago. I have been making them for Tomas and I and literally have had people stop by my house to grab one or five. I might be eating some right now as I write 😉
They are SOO easy to make and take like 5 minutes to throw together, with ingredients you probably already have. I found the recipe on Pinterest and altered it a bit. They are Gluten Free, Vegan, and Paleo if you sub out the oat flour for coconut flour but the consistency is slightly different. I am so pumped to share with you all! Here ya go!
Banana Bread Protein Balls:
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free oat flour (I blended Bob’s Red Mill GF Oats to make oat flour) or 1 cup of coconut flour
- 1/2 cup neutral or vanilla protein powder (I used BlueBell Nutrition, vanilla)
- pinch sea salt
- 2 overripe mashed bananas
- 3 Tsp of organic pure maple syrup or honey if not strict vegan
- 1/4 cup nut butter of choice (I use Justin’s Maple Almond Butter)
- Add almond milk (or any milk, I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
- Chocolate chips (optional) (I use Lily’s chocolate chips)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, protein powder, cinnamon, sea salt, and mix well. Add in the mashed banana- Mixture should be very crumbly. If using chocolate chips, add them here too.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the nut butter with the liquid sweetener of choice until melted. Pour wet mixture into the flour/banana mixture until fully incorporated.
- Using a tablespoon at a time, add the dairy free milk of choice until a very thick batter is formed.
- Using your hands, form into bite sized balls and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes to firm up. I put some in the freezer too!
Wah-lah! That is it! SOOO yummy! Let me know what you think!!